Saturday, June 11, 2011

My First Quilt

This is my first quilt. Soon after receiving my stars from my mother we found a quilt shop in Richardson called The Texas Quilt Co. (I think). There was a lady cutting fabric with a pizza cutter on a green mat of some sort. She was using clear plastic rulers with no markings to measure the strips. She had several rulers of different widths. I was fascinated. Now I could make a quilt with the pieces all the same size. Fabric is wiggly. When we left the store I had everthing I would need. You can laugh here. Did any of us know in the beginning we would be buying 'toys' for the rest of our lives.
I cut strips and cut the strips into squares. I didn't know about the strip piecing. When I finished my mother hand quilted the top and I put on the binding. The binding is bias just because I thought it had to be and it isn't double folded. If I had known how much I had to learn (and still do) I might not have continued. I was so proud of this quilt. And we used it, so now it is a bit faded and worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment