Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Second Attempt
















In 1985 there were not many quilt stores. Actually the black calico was left over from a sort of long dress I made when I was pregnant with my daughter in 1974. You see, I was starting my stash even then and just didn't know what for. The blue was also left over from something. I just don't remember what but I actually bought the green and yellow for this quilt. Now I know it isn't very sophisticated but it was 1985. I also didn't have a book or the internet. Was the internet even thought of yet? By this time someone had told me about strip piecing and this quilt went a little faster. Once again I pieced it, my mother quilted it and I put on the binding. It is faded and worn but I can't give it up. We used it as a bedspread on our teak platform Danish modern bed. I am not sure what I was going for but thought it so sheik at the time. Mother quilted some of the hearts going one way and the other half going the other way. She tried to convince me that was the way they were suppose to be. I wasn't convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment