Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Next Full-Size Quilt (I think)


I don't really think this is my next quilt, but of the ones I have it is the next one. I made this somewhere in the nineties. I really liked this row quilt and took a class that was only about 4 hours long toward the end of summer. We came to class with all the pieces cut, and in class we made one snowman, one mitten and one tree. Then, I didn't work on it for about six weeks. I started on a Saturday and finished on Sunday night. Most of the fabrics are Thimbleberries. At this point I had never had a longarm quilter quilt my quilt. But I found one close to my house and took it to her. I thought she did a great job. I didn't have any material left over for the binding so I took it to my quilt shop in downtown Garland. The lady helping me wanted to see it. As soon as I spread it out I saw my mistake. I really couldn't believe I had done it, and all the precut pieces came out even. Well I did have a few pieces left over.....and I did have to cut a few more...but not many. The lady helping me just said one snowman is right and all the others are sagging. A few years later when teaching in a Jr. High I thought of my snowman quilt every time I said "pull 'em up". A much easier fix than my quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment